The Arabic text of the Quran is not properly displayed
Certain iOS and Android devices are unable to render/display Arabic characters properly. If you’re having display issues with the Arabic font for the Quran you can change it in the Settings menu.
- Android users have the choice between 4 fonts (IndoPak, Uthmani, Compatible, No accents).
- iOS users have the choice between 3 fonts (IndoPak, Uthmani, No diacritics or symbols)
To change the Arabic font for the Quran
- Go to the “Settings” section
- Click on “Quran” option
- Open the "Arabic text" menu
- Choose the font you wish to use
Note for Android Users: some older Android devices may experience issues with the display of Arabic Text. If you have displaying the Arabic Text with your Android devices please select the Arabic font "Compatible".
Issue with Samsung devices
Finally, please note that we are aware that the first characters of every verse (or line) are truncated on some Samsung devices. It is actually a bug in the way Samsung used to render Arabic characters on their older devices.
While they have now fixed this on their recent devices and firmware updates, the problem persists on older ones.
The only workaround at the moment is the use the “Compatible” option under the Settings > Arabic text menu of the Muslim Pro application.